The TU842 MTU can have up to 16 I/O channels and 2+2 process voltage connections. Each channel has two I/O connections and one ZP connection. The maximum rated voltage is 50 V and maximum rated current is 3 A per channel.
The MTU distributes the two ModuleBuses to each I/O module and to the next MTU. It also generates the correct address to the I/O modules by shifting the outgoing position signals to the next MTU.
The MTU can be mounted on a standard DIN rail. It has a mechanical latch that locks the MTU to the DIN rail.
Four mechanical keys, two for each I/O module, are used to configure the MTU for different types of I/O modules. This is only a mechanical configuration and it does not affect the functionality of the MTU or the I/O module. Each key has six positions, which gives a total number of 36 different configurations.
Features and benefits
- Complete installation of I/O modules using 3-wire connections and field power distribution.
- Up to 16 channels of field signals and process power connections.
- Connections to two ModuleBuses and I/O modules.
- Mechanical keying prevents insertion of the wrong I/O module.
- Latching device to DIN rail for grounding.
- DIN rail mounting.