The remote S900 I/O system can be installed in non-hazardous areas or directly in Zone 1 or Zone 2 hazardous area depending on the selected system variant. S900 I/O communicates with the control system level using the PROFIBUS DP standard. The I/O system can be installed directly in the field, therefore the costs for marshalling and wiring are reduced.
The system is sturdy, error-tolerant and easy to service. Integrated disconnection mechanisms allow replacement during operation, meaning that there is no need to interrupt the primary voltage in order to exchange the power supply units.
S900 I/O type S. For installation in hazardous area Zone 1. For connecting intrinsically safe field devices installed in Zone 2, Zone 1 or Zone 0.
CI920AS Communication Interface V 2.1 (CIPBA-Ex), for Fieldbus protocol PROFIBUS DP-V1 (IEC 61158). Use only CI920AS with the same firmware for redundancy for PROFIBUS DP-V1 (observe Release Notes).
Features and benefits
• ATEX Certification for installation in Zone 1
• Redundancy (Power and Communication)
• Hot Configuration in Run
• Hot Swap functionality
• Extended Diagnostic
• Excellent configuration and diagnostics via FDT/DTM
• G3-coating for all components
• Simplified maintenance with auto-diagnostics
• Fieldbus protocol PROFIBUS DP-V1 (IEC 61158)
• Coupling of the internal CAN bus to external PROFIBUS DP-V1 (IEC 61158)
• HART over PROFIBUS DP-V1
• Line or media redundancy via two coupling modules
• Electrical isolation between fieldbus, power
• Diagnosis, configuration and parameterization via PROFIBUS